Hijabi Tip: Hijab Pins (and possible business idea)

8 comments
Hijab pins are a nice way to add an accessory to your hijab without being too much. Hijab pins can range from simple stick pins, to fancy earrings that have been attached to a long pin. Here are a few pins in my collection. The gold one was an earring that I attached to an eyepin, after removing the earring post.



If you want to make your own hijab pins (or attach earrings to them), then you'll need eyepins. These pins have a loop on one side, (which is why they're called eye pins). The one's which are suitable for hijab pins have a sharp point, whereas eyepins that are used in jewellery making are not sharp. These pins may come with a pin cap, which covers the sharp point of the pin.

I'm considering selling a few handmade hijab pins, which are made using 4mm Swarovski Bicone beads and are similar in style to the hijab pins at the bottom of the image. The beads are attached to the chain, which can be worn dangling from the pin, or draped from the other side of the pin.

Would you be interested in seeing these hijab pins? Let me know in the comments below =)




x

8 comments:

  1. i love hijab pins, but in malaysia its really rare to find sumthing like this

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hijab pins are awesome! It's a shame that they aren't readily available in Malaysia, as they are in London. i'A I'm hoping to sell some handmade hijab pins in the future, if this is something you would be interested in =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for sureee i will b interesting :D thanx bdw

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i was just wondering where u got the eyepins from? i cant find them anywhere and was hoping to make some for my cousins for eid!! plz help!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ muslimgirl85: I get mine from my local market hall, where there is a bead shop that sells the pins in packs of two, but I'm still trying to find an online supplier (whihc does wholesale). inshaAllah, when I find one, I'll definately let you know =)

    The pins in this post are ready made hijab pins that I have bought (not ones that I have made)..and for the gold one I used a pin that previously had a different attachment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @asmaa17: awww thanks :) its so annoying the only place ive found them is from china :L. i just get ones online and then find away to sharpen them or make the wire myself.Not sure but thanks anyways and ill let u know if i find any aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experience online shopping featuring the best Dubai abayas, stylish hijabs, niqab and women accessories from our wide collection at abaya.pk
    designer abaya
    hijab store near me
    magnetic hijab pins

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are makers of Artistic & Quirky Hand Painted Wooden Lapel Pins, Enamel Lapel Pins, Wooden Brooches, Custom Lapel Pins & more, Safe & Non-Toxic. Sent with love from India.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)